Skip to main content

Important Forms and Links for University Admissions

As you begin to apply to colleges and universities, you will have to become aware of several important documents you will need throughout the application process.  Click on the links to get the document information.


Apply Texas and The Common Application

Apply Texas allows you to apply to any Texas public university (some private Texas universities also are included in the application)


The Common Application is an undergraduate college admission application that you may use to apply to any of the 693 member colleges and universities in 48 states and the District of Columbia



College Application Fee Waivers

Some colleges and universities charge students an application fee when they apply for university admissions.  If you qualified and utilized an ACT or SAT fee waiver when you took the ACT/SAT exams, you can use the following Application Fee Waivers.

 ACT FEE WAIVER or COUNSELING FEE WAIVER (These files can be filled out.  Type in your information and have our counselor sign the documents.  You can scan and email/fax the file directly to the university admissions office.)

 SAT FEE WAIVER  (If you took the SAT exam instead, visit our counselor so she can give you the SAT Fee waiver.)

 TEXAS STATE FEE WAIVER (If you are applying to Texas State, the university has its own fee waiver.  Fill the document out and have our counselor sign it as well.)

 TEXAS TECH FEE WAIVER (If you are applying to Texas Tech, the university has its own fee waiver.  Fill the document out and have our counselor sign.)


High School Transcript Request Form

Colleges and universities are going to want copies of both your high school and college transcripts.  Official college transcripts can be ordered directly from STC.  You must fill out this form and turn it in to our Registrar when you request a high school transcript.  Let her know if the transcript needs to be official or unofficial.

 HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT REQUEST FORM (This file can be filled out.  Type in your information and give it to our Registrar in the front office.  Give our Registrar a day to process your request.)


Letter of Recommendation Request

Some university admissions and scholarship committees require you to obtain a letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, or administrator.  Each request is different—some officials want paper-based forms, others want the letters to be submitted online.  Ensure you give this form to the person you are requesting the letter from so he or she may have a better idea of what to write in your letter.

 LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION REQUEST FORM (This file can be filled out.  Type in your information and give it to the official you wish to write you a letter.  Give the person a two week’s notice to complete the letter.  Also, give all the directions required and needed.)



The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is a form that can be prepared annually by current and prospective college students to determine eligibility for student financial aid.  It is an online application, but the following documents will help guide you through the process

 FAFSA PREVIEW FORM (These are all the questions that you will be required to fill out when you log in to FAFSA.  Also, a Spanish version is available for your parents in the “Parents” tab.)

 FAFSA STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE (This document explains what the questions are, what they mean, and guides you through the whole FAFSA Application process.  If you need further help or information, get in contact with our counselor.)

Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TAFSA) is for non-citizens who may be eligible to be classified as a Texas resident for tuition purposes.

   TAFSA APPLICATION (This application is for non-citizens who will be applying for state aid.  If you need help or assistance, please see our counselor.)

□ SPECIAL NOTE: You must apply for the DREAM.US ScholarshipThis scholarship helps you with your finances since non-citizens do not qualify for federal aid.  The Dream.US Scholarship fills the gap that state aid does not cover.

  Another available scholarship is The Golden Doors Scholarship.  This scholarship also helps will all your expenses but is limited to only selected East Coast universities.  See the website for more details.

 2020-2021 MADLEF SCHOLARSHIP GUIDE (The vast majority of scholarships are for U.S. citizens or Permanent Residents, but here is a scholarship guide for scholarships that are available to non-citizens.)


Important Links

Below are the links that you will need to apply for your university/college admissions, FSA ID, FAFSA, etc.  Other links are included that might be of use to you when you are applying for college during your senior year.  Feel free to look through the information to get a better sense of the application process as you prepare for college.